In the summer of 2021, a leading hospitality brand opened a 4-star Diamond luxury hotel in the heart of an elegant and spirited western town. Upon opening, Carlos, Director of Safety and Security at this facility, discovered he was not confident. He did not have an effective door monitoring system for hotels to wirelessly. Eventually, remotely control and manage the doors and entry points leading to the outside. These doors were often propped open and unmanned. These doors lead to the unlawful entry of unauthorized personnel and those not staying at the hotel. This unlawful entry posed a significant risk to the property and its guests.

Challenges: Why This Facility Needed Door Monitoring System for Their Hotels

Due to the downtown setting in a gorgeous climate, there is quite a bit of foot traffic traveling in and around the hotel. Exterior and fire escape doors cannot possibly be operated 24/7. Doors would often be exited by employees and guests and, often, even propped open. This allowed easy access for anyone walking in off the street. Although, which is of great danger to the guests and property. Moreover, the hotel had a rotation of guards onsite with various schedules and hours.

Solution: How Door Monitoring System For Hotels Can Make This Place Safe And Secure

Carlos searched extensively for an effective “door monitoring” system for hotels that could seamlessly and discreetly manage the flow in and out of all exterior doors.

Carlos said; “After trying a different control system in a different building, I started my search for an effective system to monitor the access point from the building, that is when I was able to find Response Technology’s solution. Their technology is simple yet flawless and can be applied to any industry that would like to monitor their door movement”.

Once Carlos found Response Technologies, they created a customized solution that solved Carlos’ challenges. The criteria were unique and specific to coincide with Carlos’s well-thought security plan. Suppose a door is propped for a specific number of seconds between specific hours. In that case, Response Technologies will send a location (door) specific message over email, text, and two-way radio to a specific group of guards. All ten doors were configured with different combinations based on schedules and criteria, and notifications were sent to different guards.

All intelligence in the system was pre-programmed based on Carlos’ wishes and his robust security plan. Training also commenced during the installation process, and Carlos was trained on remotely managing the entire system, which was one of his original needs.


Since installing Response Technologies’ door monitoring system for hotels, the hotel has seen incredible results and evidence of the tremendous success of the system. Carlos shared, “The software is a miracle…”. Although, they have reduced unauthorized entry by 80% (with the remaining 20% being human error).

From the customer service perspective, Carlos is also pleased, saying, “…. In addition, to their technology, they have a team that cares for the customers”.

Response Technologies form
schedule a demo

Talk With An Expert

We can demonstrate our solutions with an web conference video call. It’s free with no obligation. Complete this form and we will respond promptly to arrange a call. Thank you!